Associate Professor of Urology and Oncology
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center Prostate Cancer Program
Secondary Appointments and Affiliations
Radiation Oncology and Molecular Radiation Sciences
Johns Hopkins Institute for NanoBioTechnology
- Mukherjee A, Castanares M, Hedayati M, Wabler M, Trock B, Kulkarni P, Rodriguez R, Getzenberg RH, DeWeese TL, Ivkov R*, and Lupold SE*. Monitoring nanoparticle mediated cellular hyperthermia with a high sensitivity biosensor. Nanomedicine (Lond). 2014. February 18. [Epub ahead of Print]
- Mukherjee A, Darlington T, Baldwin R, Holz C, Olsen S, Kulkarni P, DeWeese TL, Getzenberg RH, Ivkov R and Lupold SE. Development and screening of a series of antibody-conjugated and silica coated ironoxide nanoparticles for targeting the Prostate Specific Membrane Antigen. ChemMedChem 2014, March 3. [EPub ahead of Print].
- Ribas J, Ni X, Castanares M, Liu M, Rodriguez R, Mendell JT, and Lupold SE. A novel source for miR-21 expression through the alternative polyadenylation of VMP1 gene transcripts. Nucleic Acids Research 2012; doi: 10.1093/nar/gks308
- Lupold SE, Johnson T, Chowdhury WH, and Rodriguez R. A real time Metridia Luciferase based non-invasive reporter assay of mammalian cell viability and cytotoxicity via the β-actin promoter and enhancer. PLoS ONE 7(5): e36535, 2012
- Ni X, Castanares M, Mukherjee A, and Lupold SE. Nucleic Acid Aptamer: clinical applications and promising new horizons. Cur Med Chem. 18(27), 4206-4214, 2011
- Ni X, Zhang Y, Ribas J, Chowdhury WH, Castanares M, Zhang Z, Laiho M, DeWeese TL, Lupold SE. Prostate-targeted radiosensitization via aptamer-shRNA chimeras in human tumor xenografts. Journal of Clinical Investigation. J Clin Invest. 2011 Jun 1;121(6):2383-90.
- Wu P, Kudrolli TA, Chowdhury WH, Minzhi ML, Rodriguez R, and Lupold SE. Adenovirus Targeting to Prostate-specific Membrane Antigen through Virus displayed Semi-random Peptide Library Screening. [Priority Report] Cancer Res. 2010 Dec 1;70(23):9549-53.
- Ribas J and Lupold SE. The transcriptional regulation of miR-21, its multiple transcripts, and their implication in prostate cancer. Cell Cycle; 9(5), 923-9, 2010
- Ribas J, Ni X, Haffner M, Wentzel EA, Salmasi1 AH, Chowdhury WE, Kudrolli TA, Yegnasubramanian A, Luo J, Rodriguez T, Mendell JT, Lupold SE. miR-21: An androgen receptor regulated microRNA which promotes hormone dependent and independent prostate cancer growth. Cancer Research. [Priority Report] 69(18): 7165-9, 2009
- Lupold SE., Kudrolli T., Chowdhury W., Wu P, and Rodriguez R. "A Novel Method for Generating and Screening Peptides and Libraries Displayed on Adenovirus Fiber" Nucl. Acids Res. 35(20):e138, 1-10, 2007
- Lupold SE, Rodriguez R. "Adenoviral Vectors for Prostate Cancer Gene Therapy" Cancer Therapy, Vol 3, 267-284, 2005
- Lupold SE, Rodriguez R. "Adenoviral Gene Therapy, Radiation, and Prostate Cancer" Reviews in Urology; Vol 7(4), 193-202. Fall 2005
- Lupold SE., Rodriguez R. Disulfide-Constrained Peptides that Bind to the Extracellular Portion of the Prostate Specific Membrane Antigen. Mol Cancer Ther. 3(5):597-603, 2004
- Lupold SE., Hicke B.J., Lin Y., Coffey DS. Identification and characterization of nuclease-stabilized RNA molecules that bind human prostate cancer cells via the prostate-specific membrane antigen. Cancer Research. 62(14):4029-33, 2002.
- Ribas J and Lupold SE. Role of miR-21, and androgen-regulated microRNA, in prostate cancer, In Androgen Responsive Genes in Prostate Cancer, Springer, 2012. Chapter 18, in Androgen-Responsive Genes in Prostate Cancer. Regulation, Function and Clinical Applications. Springer, 2013
- Byun Y, Mease RC, Lupold SE, Pomper MG. Recent Development of Diagnostic and Therapeutic Agents Targeting Glutamate Carboxypeptidase II (GCPII), Chapter 36, In Drug Design of Zinc-Enzyme Inhibitors: Functional, Structural, and Disease Applications. Wiley, 2009
- Lupold SE. Molecular Approaches to Prostate Cancer, Johns Hopkins Medicine Podcast, 2008