Prostate cancer, also known as carcinoma of the prostate, is a malignant tumor of the prostate
Use the slides below to guide you through the function and anatomy of the prostate. You can also download the free iPad app UroSketch 3D to explore further and personalize with your own notes at your next appointment. Currently for iPad only:
Prostate Cancer Facts
- 1 in 6 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer during his lifetime
- The second most common diagnosed cancer in American men.
- 85% of all diagnosis of localized cancers are more often curable
- Over 50% of prostate cancer death are in men diagnosed after the age of 75
- PSA screening reduce death by approximately 30%