Assistant Professor of Urology, Oncology, and Radiology
Director, Urology Clinical Trials
Dr. Michael Gorin is an Assistant Professor of Urology, Oncology, and Radiology at The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. He also serves as the Director of Urology Clinical Trials and leads the Program in Image-guided Urology at The James Buchanan Brady Urological Institute. Dr. Gorin is an expert in minimally invasive and image-guided urology. His clinical practice focuses on the care of patients with a range of urologic diseases including prostate cancer, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney cancer, and kidney stones. To treat these conditions, Dr. Gorin employs a host of minimally invasive techniques including endoscopy, laparoscopy, robotics, and focal ablation.
Dr. Gorin’s research focuses on the development of novel imaging techniques within the field of urologic oncology. He has gained considerable notoriety for his work on PSMA-targeted 18F-DCFPyL PET imaging of prostate cancer and 99mTc-sestamibi SPECT/CT imaging of small renal tumors. Dr. Gorin has published over 180 articles in leading medical journals. He is also the recipient of numerous honors and awards including the Drs. Carl and Barbara Alving Endowed Award for Outstanding Biomedical Research, the Urology Care Foundation’s Resident Research Award, and the Frank L. Coulson Jr. Resident Clinical Excellence Award.
Dr. Gorin attended college at the University of Michigan where he earned a Bachelor of Science in Cellular and Molecular Biology. He then went on to attend medical school at the University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine where he graduated as an inductee to the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society. Following medical school, Dr. Gorin completed a general surgery internship, urology residency, and fellowship in endoscopic and minimally-invasive urology at Johns Hopkins University.
- 2007-2011 – M.D. with Distinction in Research, University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL, USA
- 2003-2007 – B.S. with Distinction in Cell and Molecular Biology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
- 2017-2018 – Fellowship in Endoscopic and Minimally-invasive Urology, Department of Urology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, MD, USA
- 2012-2017 – Urology Residency, Department of Urology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, MD, USA
- 2011-2012 – General Surgery Internship, Department of Surgery, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Licensure & Certification
- USMLE Step 1
- USMLE Step 2 CK
- USMLE Step 2 CS
- USMLE Step 3
- American Board of Urology Part I
F, Hollestelle A, Nagel JH, Gorin M, Wasielewski M, van den Ouweland A,
Merajver SD, Ethier SP, Schutte M. BRCA1 mutation analysis of 41 human breast
cancer cell lines reveals three new deleterious mutants. Cancer Res 2006;
MA, Pan Q. Protein
kinase Cε: an oncogene and emerging tumor biomarker. Mol Cancer 2009;
3. Bao LW, Gorin MA, Zhang M, Ventura AC, Pomerantz WC, Merajver SD, Teknos TN, Mapp AK, Pan Q. Preclinical development of a bifunctional cancer cell homing, PKCε inhibitory peptide for the treatment of head and neck cancer. Cancer Res 2009; 69(14): 5829-34.
GN, Gorin MA, Rosenthal D, Pan Q, Bao LW, Wu ZF, Newman RA, Pawlus AD,
Yang P, Lansky EP, Merajver SD. Pomegranate fruit extract impairs invasion and
motility in human breast cancer. Integr Cancer Ther 2009; 8(3): 242-53.
A, Chirinos J, Gorin MA, Jones M, Levy RB. Targeting Treg cells in
situ: emerging expansion strategies for (CD4+CD25+)
regulatory T cells. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 2009;15(10): 1239-43.
Q, Gorin MA, Teknos TN. Pharmacotherapy of head and neck squamous cell
carcinoma. Expert Opin Pharmacother 2009;10(14): 2291-302.
MD, Gorin MA, Chien LC, Thomas SM, Douglas JD, Milliron KJ, Merajver SD.
Absence of 1100delC CHEK2 mutation in families with hereditary breast cancer in
North America. Cancer Genet Cytogenet 2010; 202(2): 136-40.
MS, Gorin MA, Katkoori D. Definitive therapy for cancer: is our message
clear? Eur Urol 2010; 58(2): 256-57.
MA, Manoharan M,
Shah G, Eldefrawy A, Soloway MS. Salvage open radical prostatectomy after
failed radiation therapy: a single center experience. Cent European J Urol 2011;
O, Gorin MA, Castellan M, Casillas V, Ciancio G. Inverted nutcracker
syndrome: a case of persistent hematuria and pain in the presence of a
left-sided inferior vena cava. TheScientificWorldJOURNAL: TSW Urology
2011; 5(11): 1031-5.
MA, Shirodkar SP,
Young E, Ciancio G. En bloc mobilization of the spleen, pancreas and colon
during hand-assisted laparoscopic left donor nephrectomy. Eur Urol 2011;
MA, Santos Cortes
JA, Kyle CC, Carey RI, Bird VG. Initial clinical experience with use of
ureteral access sheaths in the diagnosis and treatment of upper tract
urothelial carcinoma. Urology 2011; 78(3): 523-7.
Shirodkar SP, Gorin MA, Sageshima
J, Bird VG, Martinez JM, Guerra G, Zarak A, Chen L, Burke GW, Ciancio G. Technical modification for
laparoscopic donor nephrectomy to minimize testicular pain: a complication with
significant morbidity. Am J Transplant 2011; 11(5): 1031-4.
N, Gorin MA, Gorbatiy V, Castle SM, Bird VG, Leveillee RJ.
Laparoendoscopic single site nephrectomy with the SPIDER surgical system:
engineering advancements tested in a porcine model. J Endourol 2011;
MA, Antebi E,
Manoharan M, Bird VG. Endoscopic retrieval of a retained self-expanding metal
stent placed for a ureteroileal anastomotic stricture. J Endourol 2011;
RJ, Castle SM, Gorin MA, Salas N, Gorbatiy V. Initial experience with
LESS simple nephrectomy using the TransEnterix SPIDER surgical system:
assessing feasibility and safety. J Endourol 2011; 25(6): 923-5.
MA, Soloway CT,
Eldefrawy A, Soloway MS. Factors that influence patient enrollment in active
surveillance for low-risk prostate cancer. Urology 2011; 77(3): 588-91.
MA, Ramanathan R,
Leveillee RJ. Laparoscopic techniques applied to open surgery: sliding-clip
renorrhaphy. Urology 2011; 77(3): 751-3.
MA, Kava BR,
Leveillee RJ. Video demonstrations as an intraoperative teaching aid for
surgical assistants. Eur Urol 2011; 59(2): 306-7.
LC, Gorin MA, Ciancio G. Words of Wisdom. Re: Radical nephrectomy and
inferior vena cava thrombectomy: outcomes in a lower volume practice. Eur Urol 2011; 60(6): 1305-6.
M, Gorin MA, Castellian M, Ciancio G. OMNEX surgical sealant in the
extracorporeal repair of renal artery aneurysms. Ann Vasc Surg 2011;
J, Shirodkar SP, Gorin MA, Salerno TA, Ciancio G. Surgical resection of
a virilizing adrenal mass with extensive tumor thrombus. Can J Urol 2011;
DC, Gorin MA, O’Connell MT. Student Led Rural Health Fairs: Attempting
to improve medical education and access to healthcare. South Med J 2011;
MA, Ayyathurai R,
Soloway MS. Transurethral management of urothelial carcinoma of the bladder. AUA
Update Series 2011; 30(23): 209-20.
MS, Garcia-Roig M, Gorin MA, Ayyathurai R. How can we improve outcomes
for upper tract urothelial carcinoma? Eur Urol 2012; 61(2): 254-6.
M, Gorin MA, Jorda M. Evaluation and management of small renal masses: looking beyond the tumor margin. Curr Urol
Rep 2012; 13(1): 1-7.
MA, Garcia-Roig M,
Burke GW, Ciancio G. Emergent renal revascularization of a simultaneous
kidney-transplant recipient. Transplantation 2012; 93(4): e16-7.
MA, Ekwenna O,
Soloway MS, Ciancio G. Dramatic reduction in tumor burden with neoadjuvant
sunitinib prior to bilateral nephron-sparing surgery. Urology 2012;
MA, Garcia-Roig M,
Shirodkar SP, Gonzalez J, Ciancio G. Modified surgical technique for the
management of renal cell carcinoma with level I or II tumor thrombus. Urology
2012; 79(2): 478-81.
MA, Garcia-Roig M,
Shirodkar SP, Gonzalez J, Ciancio G. Reply to Comment Re: Modified surgical
technique for the management of renal cell carcinoma with level I or II tumor
thrombus. Urology 2012; 79(2): 481-2.
MA, Gahan J,
Antebi E, Carey RI, Bird VG. Laparoscopic-guided radiofrequency ablation is
safe for the treatment of enhancing renal masses among patients prescribed
antithrombotic agents. Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 2012; 18(1): 35-9.
SM, Gorbatiy V, Salas N, Gorin MA, Landman J, Leveillee RJ. Development
and evaluation of a novel cadaveric model for performance of image-guided
percutaneous renal tumor ablation. J Surg Educ 2012; 69(1): 30-3.
MA, Garcia-Roig M,
Ciancio G. Words of Wisdom. Re: Posterior lumbar vein off the retrohepatic
inferior vena cava: a novel anatomical variant with surgical implications. Eur
Urol 2012; 61(4): 849.
MS, Gorin MA. Words of Wisdom. Re: Adjuvant radiotherapy following
radical prostatectomy for prostate cancer. Eur Urol 2012; 61(5): 1065.
MA, Ayyathurai R
Soloway MS. Diagnosis and treatment of bladder cancer:
how can we improve? Postgrad Med 2012; 124(3): 28-36.
MA, Gorbatiy V,
Glenn C, Shirodkar SP, Castle SM, Jorda M, Leveillee RJ. Salvage robot-assisted
partial nephrectomy for the management of renal cell carcinoma following failed
primary treatment with stereotactic radiotherapy. JSLS 2012; 16(1):
MA, Eldefrawy A,
Manoharan M, Soloway MS. Oncologic outcomes following radical prostatectomy
with intraoperative cell salvage. World J Urol 2012; 30(3): 379-83.
MA, Eldefrawy A,
Ekwenna O, Soloway MS. Active surveillance for low-risk prostate cancer:
knowledge, acceptance and practice among urologists. Prostate Cancer
Prostatic Dis 2012; 15(2): 177-81.
C, Shirodkar SP, Avallone M, Castle SM, Gorin MA, Gorbatiy V, Leveillee
RJ. Intravesical methylene blue facilitates precise identification of the
diverticular neck during robot-assisted laparoscopic bladder diverticulectomy. J
Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 2012; 22(5): 492-5.
MS, Iremashvili V, Gorin MA, Eldefrawy A, Satyanarayana R, Manoharan M.
Surgical margin status does not affect overall survival following radical
prostatectomy: a single institution experience with expectant management. Can
J Urol 2012; 19(3): 6280-6.
MA, Allaf ME.
Radiofrequency ablation of small renal mass–more work required. Nat Rev Urol
2012; 9(6): 297-8.
DC, Gorin MA, MD, Egusquiza JD, Weiss J, O’Connell MT. Medical student
attitudes before and after participating in rural health fairs. J Res Med
Sci 2012; 17(3): 298-303.
R, Garcia-Roig M, Gorin MA, González J, Manoharan M, Kava BR, Soloway
MS, Ciancio G. Bland thrombus association with tumor thrombus in renal cell
carcinoma: analysis of surgical significance and role of inferior vena caval
interruption. BJU Int 2012; 110(11 Pt B): E449-55.
S, Gorin MA, Ayyathurai R, Ciancio G. Development of a surgical safety
checklist for the performance of radical nephrectomy and tumor thrombectomy. Patient
Saf Surg 2012; 6(1): 27.
MA, Allaf ME.
Editorial Comment Re: A single overnight stay is possible for the majority
patients undergoing robotic partial nephrectomy. Urology 2013; 81(2):
MA, Mullins JK,
Allaf ME. Metastatic non-seminomatous germ cell tumor with vena cava and
vertebral involvement. Int J Urol 2013; 20(4): 459-60.
J, Ciancio G, Gorin MA. Long-term survival after radical surgery for
renal cell carcinoma with tumour thrombus. BJU Int 2013; 111(3): E8-9.
M, Gorin MA, Parra-Herran C, Garcia-Buitrago M, Kava BR, Jorda M,
Soloway MS, Manoharan M, Ciancio G. Pathologic evaluation of non-neoplastic
renal parenchyma in partial nephrectomy specimens. World J Urol 2013;
49. Castle SM, Gorin MA, Gorbatiy V, Leveillee RJ. Preoperative patient counseling for diagnostic renal biopsy and complications with renal radiofrequency ablation. World J Urol 2013; 31(5): 1105-10.
MA, Gonzalez J,
Garcia-Roig M, Ciancio G. Transplantation techniques for the resection of renal
cell carcinoma with tumor thrombus: a technical description and review. Urol
Oncol 2013; 31(8): 1780-7.
MA, Garcia-Roig M,
Garcia-Buitrago M, Parra-Herran C, Jorda M, Ciancio G. Atherosclerosis within
the non-neoplastic margin of partial nephrectomy specimens: implications for
medical management. World J Urol 2013; 31(6): 1531-4.
MA, Sagalowsky AI,
Soloway MS. Editorial Comment Re: Upper urinary tract recurrence following
radical cystectomy for bladder cancer: a meta-analysis on 13,185 patients. J
Urol 2013; 190(1): 360-1.
DC, Gorin MA, Rudock RJ, O’Connell MT. Increasing access to cholesterol
screening in rural communities catalyzes cardiovascular disease prevention. J
Rural Health 2013; 29(4): 360-7.
S, Gorin MA, Ciancio G. Release of the inferior vena cava ligament
during caval thrombectomy causing tumor thrombus embolization. Urol Int
2013; 90(4): 490-2.
MA, Mullins JK,
Pierorazio PM, Jayram G, Allaf ME. Increased intra-abdominal fat predicts
perioperative complications following minimally invasive partial nephrectomy. Urology
2013; 81(6): 1225-30.
ME, Gorin MA. Editorial Comment Re: Robotic partial nephrectomy for
renal cell carcinomas with venous tumor thrombus. Urology 2013; 81(6):
TJ, Pierorazio PM, Gorin MA, Allaf ME, Carter HB, Walsh PC. Anatomical
extent of pelvic lymph node dissection: impact on long-term cancer-specific
outcomes in men with positive lymph nodes at time of radical prostatectomy. Urology
2013; 82(3): 635-8.
TJ, Gorin MA, Walsh PC. Reply to Editorial Comment Re: Anatomical extent
of pelvic lymph node dissection: impact on long-term cancer-specific outcomes
in men with positive lymph nodes at time of radical prostatectomy. Urology
2013; 82(3): 659.
PM, Gorin MA, Ross AE, Feng Z, Trock BJ, Schaeffer EM, Han M, Epstein
JI, Partin AW, Walsh PC, Bivalacqua TJ. Pathological and oncologic outcomes for
men with positive lymph nodes at radical prostatectomy: the Johns Hopkins
Hospital 30-year experience. Prostate 2013; 73(15): 1673-80.
MW, Gorin MA, Allaf ME. Reducing morbidity of pelvic and retroperitoneal
lymphadenectomy. Curr Urol Rep 2013; 14(5): 488-95.
A, Kaouk JH, Bhayani S, Rogers C, Stifelman M, Tanagho YS, Kumar R, Gorin MA,
Sivarajan G, Samarasekera D, Allaf ME. Positive surgical margins in robot
assisted partial nephrectomy: a multi-institutional analysis of oncological
outcomes (leave no tumor behind). J Urol 2013; 190(5): 1674-9.
MA, Ball MW,
Pierorazio PM, Tanagho YS, Bhayani SB, Kaouk JH, Rogers CG, Stifelman MD,
Khalifeh A, Kumar R, Sivarajan G, Allaf ME. Outcomes and predictors of clinical
T1 to pathologic T3a tumor upstaging following robotic partial nephrectomy: a
multi-institutional analysis. J Urol 2013; 190(5): 1907-11.
HD, Kates M, Pierorazio PM, Hyams ES, Gorin MA, Ball MW, Bhayani SB, Hui
X, Thompson CB, Allaf ME. Survival after diagnosis of localized T1a kidney
cancer: current population-based practice of surgery and nonsurgical management.
Urology 2014; 83(1): 126-33.
M, Gorin MA, Deibert CM, Pierorazio PM, Schoenberg MP, McKiernan JM,
Bivalacqua TJ. In-hospital death and hospital-acquired complications among
patients undergoing partial cystectomy for bladder cancer in the United States.
Urol Oncol 2014; 32(1):
J, Gorin MA, Garcia-Roig M, Ciancio G. Inferior vena cava resection and
reconstruction: technical considerations in the surgical management of renal
cell carcinoma with tumor thrombus. Urol Oncol 2014; 32(1): 34.e19-26.
AC, Ball MW, Gandhi N, Gorin MA, Netto GJ, Bivalacqua TJ, Schoenberg MP.
The utility of an extensive postchemotherapy staging evaluation in patients
receiving neoadjuvant chemotherapy for bladder cancer. Urology 2014;
RK, Sammon JD, Kaczmarek BF, Khalifeh A, Gorin MA, Sivarajan G, Tanagho
YS, Bhayani SB, Stifelman MD, Allaf ME, Kaouk JH, Rogers CG. Robot-assisted
partial nephrectomy in patients with baseline chronic kidney disease: a
multi-institutional propensity score-matched analysis. Eur Urol 2014;
MA, Chalfin HJ,
Epstein JI, Feng Z, Partin AW, Trock BJ. Predicting the risk of
non–organ-confined prostate cancer when perineural invasion is found on biopsy.
Urology 2014; 83(5): 1117-21.
M, Castellan M, González J, Gorin MA, Cruz-Diaz O, Labbie A, Gosalbez R,
Sigmoid vaginoplasty with a modified single-Monti tube: a pediatric case series.
J Urol 2014; 191(5 Suppl): 1537-42.
MA, Kates M,
Mullins JK, Pierorazio PM, Matlaga BR, Schoenberg MP, Bivalacqua TJ. Impact of
hospital volume on perioperative outcomes and costs of radical cystectomy:
analysis of the Maryland Health Services Cost Review Commission database. Can
J Urol 2014; 21(1): 7102-7.
KT, Ball MW, Gorin MA, Curtiss KM, Pierorazio PM, Allaf M.
Transperitoneal robot-assisted partial nephrectomy: a comparison of posterior
and anterior renal masses. Journal Endourol 2014; 28(6): 655-9.
72. Reese AC, Johnson PT, Gorin MA, Pierorazio PM, Allaf MR, Fishman EK, Netto GJ, Pavlovich CP. Radiographic findings and pathological characteristics of complex renal cysts. Urol Oncol 2014; 32(7): 1010-6.
AJM, Inouye B, Ko JS, Gorin MA, Allaf ME, Goldstein S, DiCarlo HN, Shah
BB, Wang MH. Impact of nephrectomy on long-term renal function in non-syndromic
children treated for unifocal Wilms tumor. J Pediatr Urol 2014; 10(4):
HD, Kates M, Pierorazio PM, Gorin MA, Jayram G, Ball MW, Hyams ES, Allaf
ME. Comorbidities and causes of death in the management of localized T1a kidney
cancer. Int J Urol 2014; 21(11): 1086-92.
KM, Ball MW, Gorin MA, Harris KT, Pierorazio PM, Allaf ME. Perioperative
outcomes of robotic partial nephrectomy for intrarenal tumors. J Endourol
2015; 29(3): 293-6.
Kates M, Ball MW, Patel HD, Gorin MA, Pierorazio PM, Allaf ME. The
financial impact of robotic technology for partial and radical nephrectomy. J
Endourol 2015; 29(3): 317-22.
MW, Bezerra SM, Gorin MA, Cowan M, Pavlovich CP, Pierorazio PM, Netto
GJ, Allaf ME. Grade heterogeneity in small renal masses: potential implications
for renal mass biopsy. J Urol 2015; 193(1): 36-40.
SP, Gorin MA, Gordetsky J, Ball MW, Pierorazio PM, Higuchi T, Epstein
JI, Allaf, Javadi MS. Initial experience using 99mTc-sestamibi
SPECT/CT for the differentiation of oncocytoma from renal cell carcinoma. Clin
Nucl Med 2015; 40(4): 309-13.
W, Gorin MA, Allaf ME. Reducing the cost of robotic partial nephrectomy
through innovative instrument use. Eur Urol 2015; 67(3): 594-5.
MW, Gorin MA, Jayram G, Pierorazio PM, Allaf ME. Robot-assisted radical
nephrectomy with inferior vena cava tumor thrombectomy: technique and initial
outcomes. Can J Urol 2015; 22(1): 7666-70.
L, Gorin MA, Allaf ME. Post partial nephrectomy surveillance imaging: an
evidence-based approach. Curr Urol Rep 2015; 16(4): 23.
MA, Ball MW,
Pierorazio PM, Argani P, Allaf ME. Partial nephrectomy for the treatment of
translocation renal cell carcinoma. Clin Genitourin Cancer 2015; 13(3)
MW, Gorin MA, Bhayani SB, Rogers CG, Stifelman MD, Kaouk JH, Zargar H,
Marshall S, Larson JA, Rahbar HM, Trock BJ, Pierorazio, Allaf ME. Preoperative
predictors of malignancy and unfavorable pathology for clinical T1a tumors
treated with partial nephrectomy: a multi-institutional analysis. Urol Oncol
2015; 33(3): 112.e9-14.
MA, Soloway MS.
Active surveillance with delayed intervention for recurrent low-risk bladder
cancer. Urology Practice 2015; 2(5): 256-59.
PM, Johnson MH, Ball MW, Gorin MA, Trock BJ, Chang P, Wagner AA,
McKiernan JM, Allaf ME. Five-year analysis of a multi-institutional prospective
clinical trial of delayed intervention and surveillance for small renal masses:
the DISSRM registry. Eur Urol 2015; 68(3): 408-15.
KT, Ball MW, Gorin MA, Allaf ME, Pierorazio PM. Outcomes of partial
nephrectomy in patients who meet percutaneous ablation criteria. Cent
European J Urol 2015; 68(2): 132-6.
MA, Rowe SP, Allaf
ME. Nuclear imaging of renal tumours: a step towards improved risk
stratification. Nat Rev Urol 2015; 12(8): 445-50.
MA, Rowe SP, Allaf
ME. Envisioning a novel approach for the risk stratification of small renal tumors.
Kidney Cancer Journal 2015; 13(3): 54-59.
W, Gorin MA, Ball MW, Schaeffer EM, Han M, Allaf ME. Instrument life for robot assisted
laparoscopic radical prostatectomy and partial nephrectomy: are ten lives for
most instruments justified? Urology 2015; 86(5): 942-6.
MA, Rowe SP, Allaf
ME, Argani P. Angiomyolipoma with epithelial cysts: add one to the differential
of cystic renal lesions. Int J Urol 2015; 22(11): 1081-2.
SP, Gorin MA, Hammers HJ, Javadi MS, Hawasli H,
Szabo Z, Cho SY, Pomper MG, Allaf ME.
Imaging of metastatic clear cell renal cell carcinoma with PSMA-Targeted 18F-DCFPyL
PET/CT. Ann Nucl Med 2015; 29(10): 877-82.
Yang X, Minn I,
Rowe SP, Banerjee SR, Gorin MA, Brummet M, Lee HS, Koo SM, Sysa-Shah P,
Mease RC, Nimmagadda S, Allaf ME, Pomper MG. Imaging of carbonic anhydrase IX
with an 111In-labeled dual-motif inhibitor. Oncotarget 2015; 6(32): 33733-42.
J, Gorin MA, Canner J, Ball MW, Pierorazio PM, Allaf ME, Epstein JI.
Frozen section during partial nephrectomy: does it predict positive margins? BJU
Int 2015; 116(6): 868-72.
KT, Gorin MA, Ball MW, Pierorazio PM, Allaf ME. A comparative analysis
of robotic vs laparoscopic retroperitoneal lymph node dissection for testicular
cancer. BJU Int 2015; 116(6): 920-3.
SP, Deville C, Paller C, Cho SY, Fishman EK, Pomper MG, Ross AE, Gorin MA.
Uptkae of 18F-DCFPyL in Paget’s disease of bone, an important
potential pitfall in clinical interpretation of PSMA PET studies. Tomography
2015; 1(2): 81-4.
JC, Gorin MA, Partin AW, Assimos D, Brawer M, Nicolai H, Chancellor MB,
Goggins Á, Loeb S, Shapiro E. Best of the 2015 AUA annual meeting: highlights
from the 2015 American Urological Association annual meeting, May 15-19, 2015,
New Orleans, LA. Rev Urol 2015; 17(3): 179-89.
SP, Song DY, Pierorazio PM, Allaf ME, Gorin MA. Stereotactic ablative
radiotherapy for the treatment of clinically localized renal cell carcinoma. J
Oncol 2015; 2015: 1-6.
SP, Mana-ay M, Javadi MS, Szabo Z, Leal JP, Pomper MG, Pienta KJ, Ross AE, Gorin
MA. PSMA-based detection of prostate cancer bone lesions with 18F-DCFPyL
PET/CT: a sensitive alternative to 99mTc-MDP bone scan and Na18F
PET/CT? Clin Genitourin Cancer 2016; 14(1): e115-8.
Rowe SP, Gorin MA, Hammers HJ, Allaf ME,
Pomper MG, Javadi MS. Detection of 18F-FDG PET/CT occult lesions
with 18F-DCFPyL PET/CT in a patient with metastatic renal cell
carcinoma. Clin Nucl Med 2016;
AA, Canner JK, Gorin MA, Fang SH, Gearhart SL, Wick EC, Safar B,
Bivalacqua TJ, Efron JE. Reduction of costs for pelvic exenteration performed
by high volume surgeons: analysis of the Maryland health service cost review
commission database. Am Surg 2016; 82(1): 46-52.
KJ, Padmanaban V, Silvestri V, Schipper K, Cohen JD, Fairchild AN, Gorin MA,
Verdone JE, Pienta KJ, Bader JS, Ewald AJ. Polyclonal breast cancer metastases
arise from collective dissemination of keratin 14 expressing tumor cell
Natl Acad Sci USA
2016; 113(7): E854-63.
H, Gorin MA, Allaf ME. Editorial comment on: Mayo Adhesive Probability
(MAP) ccore is associated with localized renal cell carcinoma progression-free
survival. Urology 2016; 89: 61.
MA, Rowe SP, Baras
A, Solnes L, Ball MW, Pierorazio PM, Pavlovich CP, Epstein JI, Javadi MS, Allaf
ME. Prospective evaluation of 99mTc-sestamibi SPECT/CT for the
diagnosis of renal oncocytomas and hybrid oncocytic/chromophobe tumors. Eur
Urol 2016; 69(3): 413-6.
P, Sepehri S, Zhou Y, Gorin MA,
Paolillo C, Capoluongo E, Gleason K, Payne
A, Boniface B, Fortina P, Cristofanilli M,
Morgan TM, Pienta KJ, Handique K, Wang Y.
Development of an automated and sensitive microfluidic
device for capturing and characterizing circulating tumor cells (CTCs) from
clinical blood samples. PLoS ONE 2016; 11(1): e0147400.
105. Tosoian TJ, Reyes DK, Gorin MA, Hortopan S, Partin AW, Pienta KJ, Ross AE, Schaeffer EM. A novel approach for performing bone marrow aspiration at the time of radical prostatectomy. Urol Case Rep 2016; 6: 45-6.
Pomper MG, Rowe SP. PSMA-targeted imaging of prostate cancer: the best is yet
to come. BJU Int 2016; 117(5): 715-6.
107. Ball MW, Gorin MA, Harris KT, Curtiss KM, Netto GJ, Pavlovich CP, Pierorazio PM, Allaf ME. Extent of renal vein invasion influences prognosis in patients with renal cell carcinoma. BJU Int 2016; 118(1): 112-7.
MA, Rowe SP, Allaf
ME. Oncocytic neoplasm on renal mass biopsy: a clinical conundrum. Oncology
(Williston Park) 2016; 30(5): 426-8.
A, Rowe SP, Gorin MA, Pomper MG, Fishman EK, Allaf ME. Computed
tomography appearance of renal hybrid oncocytic/chromophobe tumors. J Comput
Assist Tomogr 2016; 40(4): 513-6.
SP, Gorin MA, Allaf ME, Pienta KJ, Tran PT, Pomper MG, Ross AE, Cho SY.
PET imaging of prostate-specific membrane antigen in prostate cancer: current
state of the art and future challenges. Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis 2016;
SP, Drzezga A, Neumaier B, Dietlein M, Gorin MA, Zalutsky MR, Pomper MG.
Prostate-specific membrane antigen-targeted radiohalogenated PET and
therapeutic agents for prostate cancer. J Nucl Med 2016; 57(Suppl 3):
MR, Ball MW, Gorin MA, Pierorazio PM, Allaf ME. Robotic versus
laparoscopic radical nephrectomy: comparative analysis and cost considerations.
Can J Urol 2016; 23(5): 8435-40.
MW, Gorin MA, Guner G, Pierorazio PM, Netto G, Paller CJ, Hammers HJ,
Diaz LA, Allaf ME. Circulating tumor DNA as a marker of therapeutic response in
patients with renal cell carcinoma: a pilot study. Clin Genitourin Cancer 2016;
JC, Gorin MA, Alan W P, Loeb S, Ellen S, Chancellor MB, Assimos DG,
Brawer MK, Brucker BM. Best of the 2016 AUA annual meeting: highlights from the
2016 American Urological Association annual meeting, May 6-10, 2016, San Diego,
CA. Rev Urol 2016; 18: 159-73.
MA, Rowe SP, Allaf
ME. Noninvasive determination of renal tumor histology utilizing molecular
imaging. Urol Oncol 2016; 34: 525-8.
I, Koo SM, Lee HS, Brummet M, Rowe SP, Gorin MA, Sysa-Shah P, Lewis WD,
Ahn HH, Wang Y, Banerjee SR, Mease RC, Nimmagadda S, Allaf ME, Pomper MG, Yang
X. [64Cu]-XYIMSR-06: a dual-motif CAIX ligand for PET imaging of
clear cell renal cell carcinoma. Oncotarget 2016; 7: 56471-9.
der Toom EE, Verdone JE, Gorin MA, Pienta KJ. Technical challenges in
the isolation and analysis of circulating tumor cells. Oncotarget 2016;
KC, Amend SR, Verdone JE, van der Toom EE, Hernandez JR, Gorin MA,
Pienta KJ. A simple selection-free method for detecting disseminated tumor
cells (DTCs) in murine bone marrow. Oncotarget 2016; 7: 69794-803.
HD, Gorin MA, Gupta N, Kates M,
Johnson MH, Pierorazio PM, Allaf ME. Mortality trends and the impact of
lymphadenectomy on survival for renal cell carcinoma patients with distant
metastasis. Can Urol Assoc J 2016; 10: 389-395.
SP, Rowe SP, Gorin MA, Allaf ME. Renal pseudoaneurysm mimicking local
cancer recurrence after partial nephrectomy. Urol Case Rep 2016; 11:
der Toom EE, Verdone JE, Jun C, Petrisor D, Lim S, de la Rosette JJ, de Reijke
TM, Gorin MA, Pienta KJ, Stoianovici D. A surface tension
magnetophoretic device for rare cell isolation and characterization. Med
Oncol 2017; 34: 22.
MA, Rowe SP,
Hooper JE, Kates M, Hammers HJ, Szabo Z, Pomper MG, Allaf ME. PSMA-targeted 18F-DCFPyL
PET/CT imaging of clear cell renal cell carcinoma: results from a rapid
autopsy. Eur Urol 2017; 71: 145-6.
JJ, Gorin MA, Ross AE, Pienta KJ, Tran PT, Schaeffer EM. Oligometastatic
prostate cancer: definitions, clinical outcomes, and treatment considerations. Nat
Rev Urol 2017; 14: 15-25.
MA, Rowe SP,
Denmeade SR. Clinical applications of molecular imaging in the management of
prostate cancer. PET Clin 2017; 12: 185-192.
SP, Gorin MA, Salas Fragomeni RA, Drzezga A, Pomper MG. Clinical
experience with 18F-labeled small molecule inhibitors of
prostate-specific membrane antigen. PET Clin 2017; 12: 235-241.
SM, Golan S, Gorin MA, Luckenbaugh AN, Williams SB, Ward JF, Montgomery
JS, Hafez KS, Weizer AZ, Pierorazio PM, Allaf ME, Eggener SE. Safety and early
oncologic effectiveness of primary robotic retroperitoneal lymph node
dissection for nonseminomatous germ cell testicular cancer. Eur Urol.
2017; 71: 476-482.
SP, Gorin MA, Pomper MG. Imaging of Prostate-Specific Membrane Antigen
Using [18F]DCFPyL. PET Clin. 2017; 12: 289-296.
JJ, Gorin MA, Rowe SP, Andreas D, Szabo Z, Pienta KJ, Pomper MG, Lotan
TL, Ross AE. Correlation of PSMA-targeted 18F-DCFPyL PET/CT findings
with immunohistochemical and genomic data in a patient with metastatic
neuroendocrine prostate cancer. Clin Genitourin Cancer. 2017; 15:
MA, Verdone JE,
van der Toom E, Bivalacqua TJ, Allaf ME, Pienta KJ. Circulating tumour cells as
biomarkers of prostate, bladder, and kidney cancer. Nat Rev Urol 2017;
JY, Ball MW, Gorin MA, Hong JJ, Johnson MH, Pavlovich CP, Allaf ME,
Pierorazio PM. Partial vs. radical nephrectomy for T1-T2 renal masses in the
elderly: comparison of complications, renal function, and oncologic outcomes. Urology
2017; 100: 151-157.
131. Li X, Rowe SP, Leal JP, Gorin MA, Allaf ME, Ross AE, Pienta KJ, Lodge MA, Pomper MG. Quantitative parameters in PSMA-targeted PET Imaging with 18F-DCFPyL: variability in normal organ uptake. J Nucl Med 2017; 58: 942-946.
132. Patel HD, Druskin SC, Rowe SP, Pierorazio PM, Gorin MA, Allaf ME. Surgical histopathology for suspected oncocytoma on renal mass biopsy: a systematic review and meta-analysis. BJU Int 2017; 119: 661-666.
133. Rowe SP, Gorin MA, Javadi MS, Allaf ME. Evaluation of a large renal mass using 99mTc-MIBI SPECT/CT in a patient with chronic kidney disease. Clin Nucl Med 2017; 42: e166-e167.
134. Sheikhbahaei S, Jones CS, Porter KK, Rowe SP, Gorin MA, Baras AS, Pierorazio PM, Ball MW, Higuchi T, Johnson PT, Solnes LB, Epstein JI, Allaf ME, Javadi MS. Defining the added value of 99mTc-MIBI SPECT/CT to conventional cross-sectional imaging in the characterization of enhancing solid renal masses. Clin Nucl Med 2017; 42: e188-e193.
135. Chalfin HJ, Verdone JE, van der Toom EE, Glavaris S, Gorin MA, Pienta KJ. Nucleolin staining may aid in the identification of circulating prostate cancer cells. Clin Genitourin Cancer 2017; 15: e477-e481.
136. Meyer A, Gorin MA. Editorial comment re: Percent of Tracer Clearance at 40 min in MAG3 renal scans is more sensitive than T1/2 for symptomatic UPJ obstruction. Urology 2017; 103: 249-250.
137. Gorin MA, Pomper MG, Pienta KJ, Rowe SP. Defining the clinical utility of PSMA-targeted PET imaging of prostate cancer. BJU Int 2017; 120(2): 160-161.
138. Radwan N, Phillips R, Ross A, Rowe SP, Gorin MA, Antonarakis ES, Deville C, Greco S, Denmeade S, Paller C, Song DY, Diehn M, Wang H, Carducci M, Pienta KJ, Pomper MG, DeWeese TL, Dicker A, Eisenberger M, Tran PT. A phase II randomized trial of Observation versus stereotactic ablative RadiatIon for OLigometastatic prostate CancEr (ORIOLE). BMC Cancer 2017; 17(1): 453.
139. Gorin MA, Marashdeh W, Ross AE, Allaf ME, Pienta KJ, Pomper MG, Rowe SP. Uptake of the prostate-specific membrane antigen-targeted PET radiotracer 18F-DCFPyL in elastofibroma dorsi. Nucl Med Commun 2017; 38(9): 795-798.
140. Chalfin HJ, Pienta KJ, Gorin MA. Selection-free method reveals phenotypic diversity among prostate cancer circulating tumour cells. BJU Int 2017; 120(5B): E4.
141. Sheikhbahaei S, Afshar-Oromieh A, Eiber M, Solnes LB, Javadi MS, Ross AE, Pienta KJ, Allaf ME, Haberkorn U, Pomper MG, Gorin MA, Rowe SP. Pearls and pitfalls in clinical interpretation of prostate-specific membrane antigen (PSMA)-targeted PET imaging. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 2017; 44(12): 2117-2136.
142. Ball MW, Gorin MA, Drake CG, Hammers HJ, Allaf ME. The landscape of whole-genome alterations and pathologic features in genitourinary malignancies: an analysis of the cancer genome atlas. Eur Urology Foucs 2017; 3(6): 584-589.
143. Rowe SP, Gorin MA, Chu LC, Pienta KJ, Pomper MG, Ross AE, Macura KJ. An unusual case of penile prostate cancer uncovered by multiparametric MRI and PSMA-targeted 18F-DCFPyL PET/CT. Clin Nucl Med 2017; 42(10): e441-e443.
144. Zarif JC, Chalfin HJ, Pierorazio PM, Gorin MA. Characterization of the macrophage infiltrate in a case of xanthogranulomatous pyelonephritis. J Clin Urol 2018; 11(3): 226-228.
145. Gorin MA, Rowe SP, Patel HD, Vidal I, Mana-Ay M, Javadi MS, Solnes LB, Ross AE, Schaeffer EM, Bivalacqua TJ, Partin AW, Pienta KJ, Szabo Z, De Marzo AM, Pomper MG, Allaf ME. Prostate specific membrane antigen targeted 18F-DCFPyL positron emission tomography/computerized tomography for the preoperative staging of high risk prostate cancer: results of a prospective, phase II, single center study. J Urol 2018; 199(1): 126-132.
146. Kostibas MP, Arora V, Gorin MA, Ball MW, Pierorazio PM, Allaf ME, Nyhan D, Brady MB. Defining the role of intraoperative transesophageal echocardiography during radical nephrectomy with inferior vena cava tumor thrombectomy for renal cell carcinoma. Urology 2017; 107: 161-165.
147. Rowe SP, Javadi MS, Allaf ME, Gorin MA. Characterization of indeterminate renal masses with molecular imaging: how do we turn potential into reality? EJNMMI Res 2017; 7(1): 34.
148. Gorin MA, Pienta KJ, Pomper MG, Rowe SP. Prostate cancer local recurrence detected with both 18F-fluciclovine and PSMA-targeted 18F-DCFPyL PET/CT. Urology 2017; 107: e9-e10.
149. Werner RA, Sheikhbahaei S, Jones KM, Javadi MS, Solnes LB, Ross AE, Allaf ME, Pienta KJ, Lapa C, Buck AK, Higuchi T, Pomper MG, Gorin MA, Rowe SP. Patterns of uptake of prostate-specific membrane antigen (PSMA)-targeted 18F-DCFPyL in peripheral ganglia. Ann Nucl Med 2017; 31(9): 696-702.
150. Joice GA, Rowe SP, Pienta KJ, Gorin MA. Oligometastatic prostate cancer: shaping the definition with molecular imaging and an improved understanding of tumor biology. Curr Opin Urol 2017; 27(6): 533-541.
151. Rowe SP, Pienta KJ, Pomper MG, Gorin MA. Proposal of a structured reporting system for prostate-specific membrane antigen (PSMA)-targeted PET imaging: PSMA-RADS version 1.0. J Nucl Med 2018; 59(3): 479-485.
152. Ludwig WW, Gorin MA, Pierorazio PM, Allaf ME. Frontiers in robot-assisted retroperitoneal oncological surgery. Nat Rev Urol 2017; 14(12): 731-741.
153. Uzosike AC, Patel HD, Alam R, Schwen ZR, Gupta M, Gorin MA, Johnson MH, Gausepohl H, Riffon MF, Trock BJ, Chang P, Wagner AA, McKiernan JM, Allaf ME, Pierorazio PM. Growth kinetics of small renal masses on active surveillance: variability and results from the DISSRM registry. J Urol 2017; 199(3): 641-48.
154. Srivastava A, Patel HD, Joice GA, Semerjian A, Gorin MA, Johnson MH, Allaf ME, Pierorazio PM. Incidence of T3a up-staging and survival after partial nephrectomy: Size-stratified rates and implications for prognosis. Urol Oncol 2018; 36(1): 12.e7-12.e13.
155. Rowe SP*, Gorin MA*, Solnes LB, Ball MW, Choudhary A, Pierorazio PM, Epstein JI, Javadi MS, Allaf ME, Baras AS. Correlation of 99mTc-sestamibi uptake in renal masses with mitochondrial content and multi-drug resistance pump expression. EJNMMI Res 2017; 7(1): 80. *Contributed equally to this work.
156. Phillips RM, Gorin MA, Rowe SP, Pomper MG, Pienta KJ, Ross AE, Tran PT. Complete biochemical response after stereotactic ablative radiotherapy of an isolated prostate cancer pelvic soft tissue recurrence detected by 18F-DCFPyL PET/CT. Urol Case Rep 2017; 16: 86-8.
157. Shenderov E, Gorin MA, Kim S, Johnson PT, Allaf ME, Partin AW, Pomper MG, Antonarakis ES, Pienta KJ, Rowe SP. Diagnosing small bowel carcinoid tumor in a patient with oligometastatic prostate cancer imaged with PSMA-targeted [18F]DCFPyL PET/CT: value of the PSMA-RADS-3D designation. Urol Case Rep. 2017; 17: 22-25.
158. Jang A, Patel HD, Riffon M, Gorin MA, Semerjian A, Johnson MH, Allaf ME, Pierorazio PM. Multiple growth periods predict unfavorable pathology in patients with small renal masses. BJU Int 2018; 121(5): 732-736.
159. Semerjian A, Milbar N, Kates M, Gorin MA, Patel HD, Chalfin HJ, Frank SM, Wu CL, Yang WW, Hobson D, Robertson L, Wick E, Schoenberg MP, Pierorazio PM, Johnson MH, Stimson CJ, Bivalacqua TJ. Hospital charges and length of stay following radical cystectomy in the ERAS era. Urology 2018; 111: 86-91.
160. Gorin MA, Rowe SP. PSMA: a potential therapeutic target in RCC. Nat Rev Urol; 2017; 14(11): 646-647.
161. Rowe SP, Pienta KJ, Pomper MG, Gorin MA. PSMA-RADS version 1.0: a step towards standardizing the interpretation and reporting of PSMA-targeted PET imaging studies. Eur Urol 2018; 73(4): 485-487.
162. Campbell SP, Baras AS, Ball MW, Kates M, Hahn NM, Bivalacqua TJ, Johnson MH, Pomper MG, Allaf ME, Rowe SP, Gorin MA. Low levels of PSMA expression limit the utility of 18F-DCFPyL PET/CT for imaging urothelial carcinoma. Ann Nucl Med 2018; 32(1): 69-74.
163. Almassi N, Gorin MA, Purysko A, Rowe SP, Kaouk J, Allaf ME, Campbell SC, Rhee A. Use of 99mTc-sestamibi SPECT/CT in the diagnosis of hybrid oncocytic/chromophobe tumor in a pediatric patient. Urology 2018; 113: 206-8.
164. Jones KM, Solnes LB, Rowe SP, Gorin MA, Sheikhbahaei S, Fung G, Frey EC, Allaf ME, Du Y, Javadi MS. Use of quantitative SPECT/CT reconstruction in 99mTc-sestamibi imaging of patients with renal masses. Ann Nucl Med 2018; 32(2): 87-93.
165. Ludwig WW, Wobker SE, Ball MW, Zysk AM, Yemul KS, Pierorazio PM, Gorin MA, Allaf ME. Margin assessment in renal surgery using a handheld optical coherence tomography probe. Urology 2018; 113: 241-5.
166. Li R, Ravizzini GC, Gorin MA, Maurer T, Eiber M, Cooperberg MR, Alemozzaffar M, Tollefson MK, Delacroix SE, Chapin BF. The use of PET/CT in prostate cancer. Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis 2018; 21(1): 4-21.
167. Campbell SP, Tzortzakakis A, Javadi MS, Karlsson M, Solnes LB, Axelsson R, Allaf ME, Gorin MA, Rowe SP. 99mTc-Sestamibi SPECT/CT for the characterization of renal masses: a pictorial guide. Br J Radiol 2018; 91: 1084.
168. Golan R, Bernstein A, Sedrakyan A, Daskivich TJ, Du DT, Ehdaie B, Fisher B, Gorin MA, Grunberger I, Hunt B, Jiang HH, Kim HL, Marinac-Dabic D, Marks LS, McClure TD, Montgomery JS, Parekh DJ, Punnen S, Scionti S, Viviano CJ, Wei JT, Wenske S, Wysock JS, Rewcastle J, Carol M, Oczachowski M, Hu JC. Development of a nationally-representative coordinated registry network for prostate ablation technologies. J Urol 2018; 199(6): 1488-93.
169. Meyer AR, Allaf ME, Rowe SP, Gorin MA. The role of molecular imaging in the characterization of renal masses. Curr Opin Urol 2018; 28(2): 159-65.
170. Chalfin HJ, Glavaris SA, Malihi PD, Sperger JM, Gorin MA, Lu C, Goodwin CR, Chen Y, Caruso EA, Dumpit R, Kuhn P, Lang JM, Nelson PS, Luo J, Pienta KJ. Prostate cancer disseminated tumor cells are rarely detected in the bone marrow of localized patients undergoing radical prostatectomy across multiple rare cell detection platforms. J Urol 2018; 199(6): 1494-1501.
171. Rowe SP, Pomper MG, Gorin MA. Molecular imaging of prostate Cancer: choosing the right agent. J Nucl Med 2018; 59(5): 787-8.
172. Meyer AR, Joice GA, Schwen ZR, Partin AW, Allaf ME, Gorin MA. Initial experience performing in-office ultrasound-guided transperineal prostate biopsy under local anesthesia using the PrecisionPoint Transperineal Access System. Urology 2018; 115: 8-13.
173. Chalfin HJ, Kates M, van der Toom EE, Glavaris S, Verdone JE, Hahn NM, Pienta KJ, Bivalacqua TJ, Gorin MA. Characterization of urothelial cancer circulating tumor cells with a novel selection-free method. Urology 2018; 115: 82-86.
174. Rowe SP, Gorin MA, Allaf ME, Johnson PT, Fishman EK. Photorealistic 3D cinematic rendering of clear cell renal cell carcinoma from volumetric CT data. Urology 2018; 115: e3-e5.
175. Campbell SC, McKenney JK, Almassi N, Gorin MA, Rowe SP, Purysko AS, Kaouk J, Allaf ME, Rhee A. Regarding: Use of 99mTc-sestamibi single-photon emission computed tomography / x-ray computed tomography in the diagnosis of hybrid oncocytic/chromophobe tumor in a pediatric patient. Urology 2018; 116: 234-5.
176. Sahakyan K, Spevak MR, Ziessman HA, Gorin MA, Rowe SP. The scintigraphic drooping lily sign. Clin Nucl Med 2018; 43(5) 352-3.
177. Salas Fragomeni RA, Amir T, Sheikhbahaei S, Harvey SC, Javadi MS, Solnes L, Kiess A, Allaf ME, Pomper M, Gorin MA, Rowe SP. Imaging of non-prostate cancers using PSMA-targeted radiotracers: rationale, current state of the field, and a call to arms. J Nucl Med 2018; 59(6): 871-7.
178. Werner RA, Andree C, Javadi MS, Lapa C, Buck AK, Higuchi T, Pomper MG, Gorin MA, Rowe SP, Pienta KJ. A voice from the past: re-discovering the Virchow node with PSMA-targeted 18F-DCFPyL PET imaging. Urology; in press.
179. Miyahira AK, Pienta KJ, Morris MJ, Bander NH, Baum RP, Fendler WP, Goeckeler W, Gorin MA, Hennekes H, Pomper MG, Sartor O, Tagawa ST, Williams S, Soule HR. Meeting report from the Prostate Cancer Foundation PSMA-directed radionuclide scientific working group. Prostate 2018; 78(11): 775-89.
180. Rowe SP, Meyer AR, Gorin MA, Johnson PT, Fishman EK. 3D CT of renal pathology: initial experience with cinematic rendering. Abdom Radiol (NY); in press.
181. Gorin MA, Walsh PC. Magnetic Resonance Imaging Prior to First Prostate Biopsy-Are we there yet? Eur Urol; in press.
- American Urological Association
Honors & Awards
- Finalist, Intel International Science and Engineering Fair (May 2002)
- Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship, The Rockefeller University (June 2004)
- Graduation with Distinction, University of Michigan (May 2007)
- Best University of Miami Presentation (Sponsored by the American Medical Association Foundation), 34th Annual Eastern-Atlantic Student Research Forum (Feb 2008)
- American Cancer Society Summer Research Fellowship, University of Miami Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center (May 2008)
- Iron Arrow Honor Society, University of Miami (Oct 2009)
- Drs. Carl and Barbara Alving Endowed Award for Outstanding Biomedical Research, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine (Feb 2010)
- Distinction in Research, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine (May 2010)
- Alpha Omega Alpha (AΩA) Honor Medical Society, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine (Oct 2010)
- Honorable Mention in Surgery, 37th Annual Eastern-Atlantic Student Research Forum (Feb 2011)
- Department of Medical Education Unsung Hero Award, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine (May 2011
- Best Clinical Research Poster, 2015 Scientific Session of the National Kidney Foundation of Maryland (May 2015)
- Best Paper Award, Department of Urology Academic Session at the 2015 Johns Hopkins Medical and Surgical Association Biennial Meeting (June 2015)
- Nature Reviews Urology 2016 Annual Cover Image Contest Winner (Oct 2015)
- Best Poster Award, 16th Annual Meeting of the Society of Urologic Oncology (Dec 2015)
- Frank L. Coulson Jr. Resident Clinical Excellence Award, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (Apr 2016)
- Best Paper Award, 31st Annual Meeting of the Engineering & Urology Society (May 2016)
- Resident Research Award, Annual Residency Retreat, The James Buchanan Brady Urological Institute (May 2016)
- Johns Hopkins House Staff Council Resident Appreciation Award (Apr 2017)