INSIDE THIS ISSUE:PROSTATE CANCER
- Healthy Men Over 75: Don’t Stop PSA Screening
- Targeted Biopsy: A Smarter Way to Take Prostate Tissue Samples
- Studying the Seeds
- Men Who Quit Smoking Are Less Likely to Die of Prostate Cancer
- Prostate Cancer Test Results May Differ in African American Men
- Mast Cells Linked to Risk of Cancer Recurrence
- Same PSA, But Not
the Same Cancer
- Nobody Connected These Genes With Lethal Prostate Cancer, Until Now
- At Last, a Mouse Model for the Worst Prostate Cancer in Men
- Is Cancer Aggressive? Soon, You May Take a Urine Test to Find Out
- A “Sweeter” PSA Test
- Biomarkers to Predict Aggressive Cancer
- PHI Blood Test Spares Men from Unneeded Biopsy
PSA Helps Predict the Success of Treatment
- Some High-Grade
PIN Is Actually Cancer
- Reassurance for Men on Active Surveillance
- Breaking DNA and
- Precision Brachytherapy, Using Real-Time X-Rays
- Zarif Wins PCF Young Investigator Award
- Where’s the Cancer? Now We Can See It
DISCOVERY IN BLADDER CANCER
Read About the Research You have Helped Make Possible.
"A triumph of storytelling and design."
–Keith Reinhard, Chairman Emeritus, DDB Worldwide
Abridged Kindle Edition available through Amazon, or download the e-book FREE at: urology.jhu.edu/about/history/Brady100years
THE BRADY: 100 YEARS
A History of the James Buchanan Brady Urological Institute at Johns Hopkins
By Patrick C. Walsh and Janet Farrar Worthington
Featuring 380 Richly Illustrated Pages
© 2015 The James Buchanan Brady Urological Institute and Johns Hopkins Medicine
For a century, the Brady has been the world's leading urological institute. Read about our past, meet our scientists and faculty members, and join us as we look ahead to the next 100 years!
In this richly illustrated book, packed with stories that bring some of the greatest names in Urology to life, you'll learn:
- How James "Diamond Jim" Brady was cured of BPH and donated the money to start this institution.
- How Hugh Hampton Young, a brilliant innovator who designed and built many of his own surgical devices, became the Father of Modern Urology, transforming the field
into a major surgical specialty.
- How William Scott transformed the urology residency, allowing the Brady to produce some of the world's best surgeon-scientists.
- How Patrick Walsh revolutionized the surgical treatment of prostate cancer, changing the field of prostate cancer treatment and research forever.
- How Alan Partin continues the Brady's tradition of excellence today, as we look forward to our next 100 years!
Now available as an eBook and on Kindle!
Completely Updated 3rd Edition
With this book, you will learn answers to these and other important questions:
- Why do I need to have a baseline PSA at age 40? I thought it was age 50!
- If there is no magic PSA cutoff point, how can my cancer be diagnosed?
- What is the most up-to-date information on surgery and radiation therapy?
- Have there been any breakthrough treatments in the management of advanced disease?
Comprehensive, reassuring, and full of hope.
Available from Warner Wellness - www.hbgusa.com or call 800-759-0190