- Winner, Urology Chief Resident's debate. New York section of the American Urologic Society. The New York Academy of Medicine. 1996.
- Third prize, Laboratory Investigation. Ferdinand Valentine Resident Essay Contest. New York Academy of Medicine. 1996.
- Second prize, Clinical Research. Ferdinand Valentine Resident Essay Contest. New York Academy of Medicine. 1994.
- Diplomate of the national board of medical examiners. 1991.
- Dartmouth Medical School Summer Research Grant, 1987.
- Senior thesis "Blessing or Blasphemy: Cooperative Healing and Medical Hegemony in the Emmanuel Movement 1906-1911. 1984. Summa cum laude
- Harvard College Scholarship for Academic Achievement 1983,1984.