Education and Training
1991 B.A., Classical Studies, Pomona College, Claremont, California
1995 M.D., Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, Louisiana
1995-1996 Internship in General Surgery, Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota
1996-2001 Residency in Urological Surgery, Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota
2000-2001 Instructor of Urology, Mayo Medical School, Rochester, Minnesota
2017-present Fellowship in Urologic Oncology, David Geffen School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California
2000-2001 Chief Resident in Urology, Saint Mary’s Hospital, Rochester, Minnesota
2001-2009 Active Staff, Mark Twain St. Joseph’s Hospital, San Andreas, California
2001-2015 Active Staff, Marshall Hospital, Placerville, California
2001-2015 Active Staff, Sutter-Amador Hospital, Jackson, California
2004-2017 Active Staff, Sutter-Amador Surgery Center, Jackson, California
2017-2018 Provisional Staff, Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, California
2018-present Active Staff, Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, California
2001-2012 Amador Surgery Center Inc., Jackson, California. Founding Partner, Director, Secretary.
2003-2007 Marshall Hospital Surgery Center, LLC, Placerville, California. Founding Partner, Director.
2006-2015 Sacramento ESL Services, LLC, Sacramento, California. Partner, Director.
1. Simopoulos DN, Malek RS: Benign prostatic hyperplasia: the PSA dilemma and new approaches to therapy. Contemporary Internal Medicine 1998; 10(1): 42-51.
2. Simopoulos DN, Blute ML: Transurethral microwave thermotherapy: assessing the value. Contemporary Urology 2000; 12(12): 30-48.
1. Simopoulos DN, Natarajan S, Jones TA, Fendler WP, Sisk Jr AE, Marks, LS: Targeted Prostate Biopsy Using 68Gallium PSMA-PET/CT for Image Guidance. Urology Case Reports 2017; 14(3): 11-14.
1. Simopoulos DN, Blute ML: Transurethral microwave thermotherapy, in Lepor H. (ed) Prostatic Diseases. Philadelphia, W.B. Saunders Company, 2000, pp 277-91.
1. Simopoulos D, Sisk A, Priester A, Kwan L, Reiter R, Marks L: Targeted cancer core length and risk- stratification of prostate cancer. AUA, 2018.
2. Simopoulos D, Delfin M, Kwan L, Priester A, Felker E, Sisk A, Marks L: Hemi-gland cryoablation of prostate cancer: use of MRI-guided biopsy for evaluation and follow-up. AUA, 2018.
3. Simopoulos D, Vandal J, Felker E, Kwan L, Sisk A, Marks L: Clinical significance of grade 5 lesions on MRI. AUA, 2018.
American Urological Association
American Urological Association Western Section Health Policy Committee (2011-2016)
California Medical Association Committee on Insurance and Physician Reimbursement (Chair 2011; Member 2008-2010)
District XI House of Delegates (Delegate 2012, Alternate Delegate 2006-2011)
El Dorado County Representative (2006-2011)
American Association of Clinical UrologistsCalifornia Representative, State Society Network (2011-present)
California Urological Association (Chairman on Legislation 2011-2016)
Sierra Sacramento Valley Medical Association (Director 2010-2012)
CALPAC (Political Action Committee of the CMA) (Director 2011-2012)