Urology, Mechanical Engineering, Neurosurgery, Oncology
Johns Hopkins University
Director, Urology Robotics Program
Johns Hopkins Medicine
- 1992 Teaching and Research Assistantship with full PhD tuition support, Southern Methodist University, Dallas, TX
- 1994 Outstanding Graduate Student Award: Southern Methodist University, Dallas, TX
- 1995 Best Newcomer Robot: FIRST National Robotic Championship, Manchester, NH
- 1997 Best Paper Award: Force & Torque Control, American Control Conference, Albuquerque, NM
- 2002 The Gene Haas Foundation Award for Education in Manufacturing, Oxnard, CA
- 2003 Kennametal Technical Education Award in Machining Technology
- 2005 Technology Fellowship Award for Mentorship, Teaching, and Education, Johns Hopkins University.
- 2005 Johns Hopkins Alliance for Science and Technology Award, Johns Hopkins Medicine, Baltimore, MD
- 2006 Research Award, Prostate Cancer Foundation, Santa Monica, CA
- 2006 Best Paper Award: Engineering and Urology Society, "MRI-Guided Robot for Prostate Brachytherapy".
- 2006 David H. Koch Award for Treatments and Cure of Recurrent Prostate Cancer, Wichita, KS.
- 2007 Patrick C. Walsh Prostate Cancer Research Award, Baltimore, MD.
- 2008 Best Paper Award: IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics Journal: "A New Type of Motor: Pneumatic Step Motor".
- 2009 Best Paper Award: Engineering and Urology Society, "Tandem-Robot Assisted Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy: Clinical Feasibility Study for Neurovascular Bundle Visualization".
- 2010 Outstanding Paper Award: Engineering and Urology Society, "Partial Volume Artifact on Prostate Ultrasound Imaging".
- 2012 Patrick C. Walsh Prostate Cancer Research Award, Baltimore, MD.
- 2012 Outstanding Paper Award: Engineering and Urology Society, "Robot-Assisted Direct MRI-Targeted Transrectal Prostate Biopsy", Atlanta, GA.