Department of Urology
Brady Urological Institute
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Secondary appointments with
Department of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering
Whiting School of Engineering, and
Translational Tissue Engineering Center of
Wilmer Eye Institute and
Department of Biomedical Engineering
Johns Hopkins University
Publications: Peer-reviewed Original Science Research [*shared 1st author]
- Chaicharoen K, Polce JM, Singh A, Pugh C, Wesdemiotis C. Characterization of linear and branched polyacrylates by tandem mass spectrometry. Anal Bioanal Chem. 2008; 392:595-607.
- Pugh C, Raveendra B, Singh A, Reichel S, Garcia G. Design and regioselective synthesis of (2-bromo-2-alkoxycarbonyl)ethyl acrylates as inimers for hyperbranched (co)polyacrylates. SynLett. 2010; 13:1947-1950.
- Pugh C, Singh A. Synthesis of hyperbranched polyacrylates by a chloroinimer approach. Macromolecules. 2010; 43:5222-5232.
- Singh A, Elisseeff J. Biomaterials for stem cell differentiation. J Mater Chem. 2012; 20:8832-8847.
- Deans L*, Singh A*, Elisseeff J. Regulating gene-networks in 3D biomaterials. Proc Nat Acad Sci USA. 2012; 109:15217-15277.
- Zhan J*, Singh A*, Elisseeff J. Multifunctional aliphatic polyester for tissue engineering applications. Biomatter. 2012; 2:202-212.
- Singh A, Zhan J, Elisseeff J. Multifunctional modular poly(ethylene glycol) hydrogels for stem cell differentiation. Adv Funct Mater. 2013; 5:575-582.
- Singh A, Deans L, Elisseeff J. Photomodulation of gene expression in hydrogels. ACS MacroLetters. 2013; 2:269-272.
- Beck J*, Singh A*, Rothenberg A, Elisseeff J. The independent roles of mechanical, structural and adhesion characteristics of 3D hydrogels on the regulation of cancer invasion and dissemination. Biomaterials. 2013; 34:9486-9495.
- Singh A, Corvelli M, Unterman S, Elisseeff J. Enhanced lubrication on tissue and biomaterial surfaces through peptide-mediated binding of hyaluronic acid. Nat Mater. 2014; 13:988-995. (also Editor's choice in Science Translational Medicine)
- Singh A, Li P, Elisseeff J. Surface-bound hyaluronic acid enhances water retention in contact lenses. Cont Lens Anterior Eyes. 2014; 38:79-84.
- Corvelli M, Singh A, Che B, Saeui C, Elisseeff J. Biodynamic performance of hyaluronic acid versus synovial fluid of the knee as a therapy for osteoarthritis. Methods. 2015; Epub ahead of print.
- Chakraborty A, Patni P, Suhag D, Saini G, Singh A, Chakrabarti S, Mukherjee M. N-doped carbon nanosheets with antibacterial activity: mechanistic insight. RSC Advances. 2015; 5:23591-23598.
- Reid B, Gibson M, Singh A, Taube J, Furlong C, Murcia M, Elisseeff J. PEG hydrogel degradation and the role of the surrounding tissue environment. J Tissue Eng Regen Med. 2015; 9:315-318.
- Suhag D, Singh A, Chattopadhyay S, Chakrabarti S, Mukherjee M. Hydrothermal synthesis of nitrogen doped graphene nanosheets from carbon nanosheets with enhanced electrocatalytic properties. RSC Advances. 2015; 5; 39705-39713.
- Singh A, Zhan J, Elisseeff J. Modulating chemistry of PEG hydrogels: effect of molecular composition and concentration on tissue development. J Tissue Eng Regen Med. 2015 (in press).
- Suhag D, Bhatia R, Das S, Shakeel A, Ghosh A, Singh A, Sinha OP, Chakrabarti S, Mukherjee M. Physically cross-linked pH-responsive hydrogels with tunable formulations for controlled drug delivery. RSC Advances. 2015 (in press).
- Singh A, Polycarbonates in polycondensation reactions. Encyclopedia, Wiley publication, 2015.
- Kates M, Singh A, Matsui H, Steinberg GD, Smith NM, Schoenberg MP, Bivalacqua TJ. Tissue-engineered urinary conduits. Curr Urol Rep, 2015; 16:8.
|8/18/14||Engineering long-lasting joint lubrication by mimicking nature
|8/19/14||Slippery material for lubricating joints inspired by nature
|5/1/15||Spotlight on research May 2015: Bioengineered compound may aid in treating osteoarthritic joints
|10/22/14||Editors' choice "Elbow Greece" - Spiller KL, Elbow Grease. Sci Transl Med. 2014; 6:259ec180